Friday, December 5, 2008

Jenny

Last Saturday my cousin's daughter Jenny was in a head on car accident which she killed a woman driver as this driver was on her way home from Christmas shopping. Jenny had just moved into her first apt that day and we aren't sure if the bookcase she was taken was the reason for the accident. I understand it kept hitting her in the head. Sat. she had brain surgery to remove fluid on the brain and I know she had fluid around her heart and lungs. Many broken bones but could never keep her stable to address them. She flat lined many time through out the week. The doctors tested her brain and at first there was 3% brain activity but only to fine the wires were backwards, tested her again and got 0%, that was last Sunday. Through out this week things just got worse and yesterday some of her organs were shutting down. The doctor called my cousin (who has very bad MS and in a wheel chair) and his ex-wife into a room and they decided it was time to pull the plug. She died 15 minutes later. She was only 20 years old. At first I decided not to go home till the funeral, but I think maybe we will go home this weekend and go to the funeral home instead of going to the funeral. The funeral will take place 3 hours from here and it is so hard for me to sit in a car that long to start with let alone being the one driving alone.

No comments: